#NspiyahdEats: Raw Vegan Peanut Butter Cheesecake
Let me preface this by saying I’m not a raw vegan.
I’m not even a cooked vegan, but since Dr. Sebi’s death, we’ve been making real effort to correct these American eating habits.
I thought we were doing pretty good before, but the more I researched our “normal” foods, the more I learned that even vegans are up a creek, eating foods full of harmful acids and estrogens. Soy and soy-based products being one of the main culprits. I found this list of anti-estrogenic foods really helpful as I was creating my grocery list and meal plan this week. I’m still in love with our meal planning printable.
I’m a pretty extreme person in general but my husband is NOT. So, where I’ve been known to quit things cold turkey, he’s more of a slow weaner. http://lizhingley.com/wp-json/oembed/1.0/embed?url=http://lizhingley.com/sony-world-photography-award/ That’s why I’m doing my best to create healthy versions of foods we already love. This raw vegan peanut butter cheesecake is my first attempt at a totally raw dessert and it. was. http://paterson-associates.co.uk/2/ delicious!
You gotta try it!
I made it with only 7 ingredients that were already in my kitchen (except the dates) and everything was prepared right in the blender. I should let you know that the crust needed a little help in the blender since the dates are sooo gooey. Trust me, it’s worth it! That thing is beyond delicious!
Peanut butter is the main event in this delicious dessert but if you have allergies, don’t trip. Other nut and seed butters work just as well in this recipe.
Raw Vegan Peanut Butter Cheesecake
- 1 cup organic peanut butter
- 11 oz coconut cream (1 can - chilled)
- 1/3 cup old fashioned oats
- 8 dates
- 1/2 cup pecans (or nuts of choice)
- 1/4 + 1/3 cup raw honey
- 1/2 Tbsp cinnamon
- Optional - 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Prepare a pie dish by oiling the whole thing with coconut oil. Make sure to get the whooole dish because this crust is sticky.
- Place dates, 1/4 c honey, cinnamon, and pecans in blender and blend until smooth. It may help to roughly chop the dates to avoid overworking your blender.
- Remove crust from blender and pat into pie dish. Coating your hands with flour makes handling the sticky "dough" easier.
- Next, blend peanut butter, remaining honey and chilled coconut cream until well combined and smooth. I added vanilla extract but it's not life or death.
- Pour filling mixture into the pie crust.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours minimum, until the filling is set. But if you want texture to the gawds, let it sit in the fridge overnight. You won't be sorry!
- If you have a springform pan, use it. It'll turn out much prettier, if pretty matters to you.
- Strawberries are the perfect topping for this pie.
- Some other topping options are : homemade granola, preserves (PB&J pie anyone?), dark chocolate drizzle