#CookingWithGerber : 3 Easy Ideas PLUS $50 Gift Card Giveaway
Disclaimer: I’ve been hired by The Women Bloggers to share my experiences here. You can trust that I’d never recommend something to you that I don’t actually use and recommend.
If you’d seen my babyfood cabinet a year ago you would’ve thought I was preparing for the apocalypse. I was a “new” mom for the third time and it was packed. I’m a serial “throw-awayer” (it’s like the opposite of a hoarder) so I had to figure something out quick! Empty cupboards and hungry bellies have a way of turning you into a kitchen magician. I decided to try cooking with Gerber baby food.
Composting has made me a waste hater so, when the idea came to use up all those extra sweet potato and cereals I was excited to try. I wasn’t really shocked that it was almost like cooking with my normal ingredients. Unlike many other brands, Gerber’s products contain minimal ingredients that are easy to read. That made it a breeze to do easy substitutions and hide some veggies from the boys. Remember how they reacted wholesale isotretinoin! I’m getting pretty good at it! I’m still finding different uses for these convenient products. The possibilities are almost endless. Being a gardener, I absolutely LOVE fresh produce but being a busy mom, there’s nothing like being able to use wholesome ingredients to get a good meal in your family when you’re getting in (or running) late. Add to that the fact that I can hide things like peas and squash in breakfast, lunch or even snack recipes. (Sidenote: This works for husbands too because we all know men “don’t eat vegetables”. LOL!) buy roche accutane online uk Here’s a few recipe’s I tried subbing Gerber baby food when I ran out of traditional ingredients. My boys are serious pancake addicts. When I first tried #CookingWithGerber products, that was my go-to. I never do anything the “regular” way so I went super healthy and made Sweet Potato Banana pancakes! They were thee bomb! So good in fact, I ate my plate before I even finished cooking! Yes, mama got first dibs! Yes to starting the day off #winning. Here’s the recipe for those.
- 2 Cups whole wheat flour
- 2 Cups Gerber Oatmeal Banana cereal
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 package Gerber Applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg or 2 egg whites
- 1 1/3 Cup buttermilk
- 1 Small Sweet Potato, cooked, peeled and mashed
- 3 Tbsp butter for cooking
- Combine dry ingredients in a medium to large bowl.
- Combine wet ingredients in a separate bowl until well incorporated.
- Make a well (a shallow dip) in dry ingredients and add wet ingredients carefully.
- Stir until well blended.
- Scoop onto buttered, heated griddle (medium high heat) and spread like pancakes.
- Allow to cook on first side until side begin to turn golden.
- Flip and allow to cook on the second side for about 3 minutes.
- For thicker pancakes, add 1/3 cup more flour to batter. For thinner pancakes, add 1/3 cup water.
Enter my #CookingWithGerber $50 Gift Card Giveaway